This morning I sent the following message to the editors of The Guardian, a British newspaper known for its anti-Semitic editorial policy regarding Israel’s legitimate place among the nations. I also cc:ed the Managing Editor of CiF Watch, Adam Levick, the blog which requested letters of protest be sent:
To the editors:
As a Holocaust educator, it is disturbing that you treat the individual using the moniker “CorshmCrusader,” who is known to be a white supremacist, as you would any other “contributor” to your periodical; and yet, you “premoderate” the likes of Adam Levick who obviously disagrees with you. Who is allowed freedom of speech in your domain? Everyone? Or just those who tow the line with regard to your ideological anti-Jewish bias?
I just taught 1984 by George Orwell in an upper division secondary English class. Your decisions in this regard seem quite in line with Ministry of Truth standards.
~ Daniel Hennessy
Up to this point in time, the content of Jacob’s Relief has not emphasized any response to the ongoing assault on Israel’s integrity as a nation in mass media. JR has largely been an outlet for my Religion page column in the local newspaper, which emphasizes the Jewishness of Christianity by fusing elements of mystical Judaism with Christian theology and elements of Christian culture in the effort to paint a new, better-rooted, hybridized picture of Christianity. But that emphasis is about to change through enlargement of what has largely been see as “the battle front.”
This morning, I also exchanged emails with Adam Levick, as previously mentioned, the Managing Editor of CiF Watch, an organization “dedicated to monitoring antisemitism and combating the assault on Israel’s legitimacy at The Guardian and its ‘Comment is Free’ blog.”
I’d sent my message to the editors of The Guardian as the result of being alerted to an issue of Holocaust denial being facilitated within it pages. As CiF Watch explains:”The Guardian newspaper is a respectable and mainstream news outlet. How is it possible that there is antisemitism on ‘Comment is Free’? Despite the fact that the Guardian is a mainstream news outlet, it has allowed ‘Comment is Free’ to become a platform where antisemitism and the delegitimization of Israel thrives.”
As the writer and editor of Jacob’s Relief, I hereby see the battle being engaged by CiF Watch and others as a necessary front to be engaged through this blog, in conjunction with its over-arching objective of showing gratitude toward Israel for its central role in the supernatural mission to bring peace to the world through its carrying of God’s message of redemption to humanity, especially through the work of its Messiah.
In the future, the content of Jacob’s Relief will demonstrate a working commitment to providing “relief” to Jacob/Israel through the promotion of truth as it pertains to:
- challenging untruth and corresponding disinformation spread throughout the MSM (mainstream media) concerning Israel’s legitimacy as a nation
- the need for the Christian community to take up the cause of teaching, remembering, and memorializing the Holocaust as a means of defending Israel’s legitimacy as a nation
- discussing the Jewish roots of Christianity in such a way as to rejuvenate the spirit of Christianity’s long, theological self-initiated disconnection with Israel, the sole vehicle of God’s plan of redemption for mankind
- promoting the centrality of Israel to the divine plan of redemption for the world and Christianity’s role in Israel’s ultimate redemption.
The list is likely to grow. When discussing “relief” for Israel, it must be realized, theological clarification is but one front; defending Israel’s real-world, real-time legitimacy is another urgent battle-front mandate.
A few moments ago, CiF Watch published my letter to the editors of The Guardian in new post of its own: CiF Watch reader emails the Guardian asking why white supremacist isn’t banned.
Let me know what you think about this added front of engagement as far as Jacob’s Relief is concerned. I see it as a much-needed spark of focus.
- Banned by the Guardian: My journey at ‘Comment is Free’ comes to an end (cifwatch.com)
- Jonathan Freedland’s illusions about the nature of modern antisemitism (cifwatch.com)
- Banned by the Guardian: My journey at ‘CiF’ is over (thecommentator.com)
- CiF’s Jonathan Romain, and ‘Guardian Left’ rationalizations for antisemitism (cifwatch.com)
- Jonathan Freedland’s Illusions About the Nature of Modern Antisemitism (algemeiner.com)
- Are The Irish Anti-Semitic? (misebogland.wordpress.com)
- Zionism and Antisemitism: Racist Political Twins – a J-big Briefing (jews4big.wordpress.com)
- Anti-Semitic Cartoons at the Gaurdian (jewishpress.com)
- A mamzer in more ways than one (israelmatzav.blogspot.com)